Friday 11 May 2012

sorry, but this is just gross!


Image source Time Magazine


No, no, no, no!!!! 

I know this will offend some of you, but this whole breast feeding kids till they are almost teenagers is just gross. It actually makes me want to dry retch!

I don't buy the argument that it's all about the kids - bollocks.  The mother has issues. 

Jamie Lynne Grumet, is featured in this weeks issue of Time magazine, and not surprisingly, the cover has sparked a whole heap of criticism and praise in equal measure.


26 year old Jamie, has told of how she breastfeeds her two children, Aram almost four, and five-year-old adopted son Samuel. GROSS!

Jamie was breastfed herself until she was six and explains, "It's really warm. It's like embracing your mother, like a hug. You feel comforted, nurtured and really, really loved. I had so much self-confidence as a child, and I know it's from that". Ugh.


I'm not anti breast feeding at all.  I happily breastfed my kids till they were 12 months. I was not shy to whip out my swollen breasts while out and about when they were babies.  I was too lazy for bottles, so that fact they my two latched on from birth, made it nice and easy.  But.  As soon as they turned one, That. Was. It.

I admit I am actually repulsed now, when I see kids who can walk and talk breastfeeding.  It's just unnecessary and looks so wrong. 

And God knows what the poor husbands must think! 

Anonymous comments please.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you. This is completely disgusting! I too breast feed mine until they were a bit over 12 months. What is wrong with giving your toodler/child a plain old hug, with warmth and without breast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, ok as I am male, and childless, and not an expert, I can't comment on the scientific/ biological/ "right" rime/ "emotional" time to stop breastfeeding, that's one for the experts, and the mothers that I believe naturally know when the right time to stop is. But...this image just feels wrong on a lot of levels. The poor kid looks like he's been shoved into her chest and really doesn't want to be. Isn't Time and this boys' parents exploiting this kid for headlines and controversary? Kind of reminds me of something you would see on South Park as a piss take. Come on Time, do you really have to stoop so low - Demi Moore pregnant was a coup, this is just trash...Time, or Jerry Springer/ Jeremy Kyle?

    ReplyDelete