Monday 15 July 2013

would I like me?

A bit of a ramble this morning...Mondayitus.

I was driving the mini me to school this morning and I suddenly wondered what I look like to other people. What impression I make. What would I think if I passed myself in on the street or observed me out having coffee with friends. Would I think I looked cool, frumpy, fun, boring, old??? I don't know. I guess it would depend on what I was wearing to a degree, but the overall 'vibe'... what do I give off? Would I like myself? 

If I'm honest I do look at people and judge them. Mainly on whether I think they look interesting, boring or too high maintenance, and yes, what they wear. Their confidence can be a good or bad thing, depending on whether they are self obsessed/promoting or not.

Don't worry I'm not feeling insecure, I don't need reassurance, I'm just wondering out loud...

Would I think what a stuck up, shallow, selfish, unsocial person with delusions of grandeur?  Or would I think, I like her, she's honest, amusing, interesting? Truth is, a bit of both probably.

Do you think with more money, you become more self obsessed, vain and insecure, because you have more time to focus on yourself (and not just with making ends meet)?  Look at all the young actors who have died recently, who seemed to 'have it all'... Heath Ledger, Amy Winehouse, Brittany Murphy, Corey Haim and now Cory Monteith.

Did they dislike themselves? What turned them to addiction? Were they depressed? Too hard on themselves? Would they have been happier and healthier without the fame? So sad, such a waste of life.

I guess we all need a positive self image, and a healthy outlook on life. That comes from good friends, work/life/family balance and the old 'cup half full' motto - it's a good one.



what a poser! A selfie taken in the loo


No comments:

Post a Comment